Shang's next print release will be the painting people have been referring to as the heart vault and is titled "Immortality" named for a song off Pearl Jam's 1994 album, "Vitalogy."
A friend was curious if Shang had ever created a painting as an interpretation of a song and went on to explain how much Immortality means to him, how amazing a Shang piece inspired by the song would be. Shang was thrilled with the concept, and he immediately began to craft this amazing image. The inspiration for this piece comes from the line in the song, "there's a trap door in the sun." While Shang's work is obviously wide open to interpretation, the light appears to shine into the piece from multiple sources, conveying a sense of light that surrounds.
This piece was originally planned to be a limited edition release. However, with the sheer amount of interest shown in this group, Shang decided to make this a timed release! And like he said earlier, Shang has generously offered to gift the Immortality oil on canvas painting to one lucky Friend who orders this print!
We’ll have a few giveaways with this release based on edition size:
100 - 1 print
200 - 2 prints
300 print orders and we’ll give away 3 prints and the original Immortality painting to randomly selected winners!
- Immortality will be released through RésArt from 12pm EST Monday February 11th through 12pm EST on Monday February 18th
- Signed and numbered and embossed by Chengxiang Shang
- 315 GSM 100% pure cotton lignin paper
- Edition size determined by total prints purchased
- Measures at 57x78 cm (approx. 22x31 in)
- Cost is $230, plus shipping
- One print per household
- Each purchase is considered a single entry into the Immortality OG giveaway. The winner will be randomly selected by Shang prior to the prints being shipped.